English I A - First Six Weeks
SUCCESS DEPENDS ON YOU!
Below are the assignments you need to complete for the first six weeks of English I.
1. Salvador Late or Early.docx
This assignment has two parts both worth a grade. There is no need to print it twice. In this first assignment, you will highlight:
1) any phrase or word that has a negative feeling in blue
2) any phrase or word that has a positive feeling in yellow
3) underline any phrase or word that helps you understand or see the character in green
4) Circle what you think is the most powerful sentence, on the last page of the worksheet explain why you chose it.
2. Quia Quiz over Greek and Latin Roots - Follow the link below to take the Quia quiz over Greek and Latin Roots. You will need to register for Quia first. You may take this quiz more than once (but you may need to let me know to reset it, especially if you take it multiple times).
Resources: Greek and Latin Roots Chart
Greek and Latin Roots Quiz
3.Writing assignment #1
4 Writing Assignment #2
5. Literary Devices Notes - Print or hand copy the notes below and fill in the blanks using the PowerPoint below.
Resources: Literary Devices Notes (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Get note help here (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
6. Any Achieve 3000 with all literacy activities (Must be completed during Freshman O)