Macbeth Multi-genre Project
As with all of the Multi-genre assignments, the choices are given so you can find something that appeals to your talents. All of the projects will be judged on ability as well as effort; you don’t have to be a professional, but, for example, if you draw like me, don’t pick illustrating. J
Choose one of the following and present a proposal by May 9th. After your proposal is accepted and you have received and signed the rubric, you may proceed. Be prepared to present and explain your project to the class--a minimum of 4 mins (time may vary with individual rubrics)--May 30th:
Assignments for individual student :
1. Choose one of Macbeth’s characters and write a journal with at least 8-1/2 page entries. You may place yourself in any scene, ig. . .hidden behind a door, listening to a conversation etc. . .)
2. Illustrate 5 of the most important scenes from Macbeth and create a book cover.
3. Create a rap, song or poem, of at least 20 lines, from the point of view of one of the characters; classroom performance mandatory.
4. Create a technological presentation, ig . . . Power Point, Flash, Photo Story, Movie Maker, etc . . . that encompasses completely one chapter of Macbeth.
5. Write and present a monologue for one of the characters: costume and props mandatory.
6. Do an ecological study of the environments in the area Malcolm ruled. Did the people of the time participate in any activities that threatened or benefited their environment?
7.Create a technological presentation, ig . . . Power Point, Flash, Photo Story, Movie Maker, etc . . . on symbolism in Macbeth.
Assignments for 2 students--Presentation must be a minimum of 5 minutes:
1. Research and build an accurate model of the Globe theatre; history of the theatre must be included in presentation. You may use any medium to build the model.
2. Publish a newspaper for the time of Macbeth include several of the incidences mentioned in the play: min of 4 FULL pages.
3. Create a technological presentation, ig . . . Power Point, Flash, Photo Story, Movie Maker, etc . . . that encompasses completely one chapter of Macbeth.
4. Compare and Contrast the influence of the supernatural in both Macbeth’s era and your own.
5. Cast a modern production of Macbeth. In a technologicalformat, explain why you chose the actors and include the scene setting for a scene of your choice.
6. Create a technological presentation, ig . . . Power Point, Flash, Photo Story, Movie Maker, etc . . . on symbolism in Macbeth.
Assignments for 3-5 students--Presentation must be a minimum of 15 minutes:
1. Rewrite one chapter in a modern tone, and perform before the class.
2. Write a script and film your group performing one chapter of Macbeth. Must be well written and acted with costumes, props, scene changes etc...
3. Write and present an alternate ending: costume and props mandatory.
4. Create an ecological/geographical representation of the setting of Macbeth; how has the modern area changed? Technology and hand visuals mandatory.
If you have a creative idea for a project, you may use your proposal to suggest it; in addition, please include your ideas for a rubric with your proposal.